Friday, November 10, 2006

Requiem for lost photos

Winter is coming, well the monsoon at least, given that we are a tropical country with no seasons except dry and wet. It's been raining every afternoon from just about 1pm onwards. Had brunch at BPP - the mall closest to me, picked up some grocs and came home to find a whole load of negatives and photos wet coz the wind had been strong and the rain had come in. Spent the last 2 hours salvaging whatever photos and negatives I could. Shoot! It's a good thing I've made the transition to digital for recent photos. So many lost memories in the negatives that have been damaged by the rainwater. I'll have to go down to Photohub and get them to convert the negatives into digital format. No use lamenting it, I just have to save the remaining ones. Saw my bank account and horror, horror. Better go find a job soon??? Gonna have to dip into my secret stash soon. Wish me luck!

On the brighter side, Martha Stewart's Everyday Food: Collectible Cookie Edition is out. 51 cookie recipes; haven't tried baking cookies in a very very long time (do Betty Crocker pre-mixes count?) so perhaps I should now that I am free-er. I know how many people feel about Martha, especially after her stint in the slammer but you got to admire the woman's chutzpah. Besides, not all the recipes are by her but by a talented team that makes up her omnimedia empire.

Gosh, they're right. Blogging can be addictive... I realise that I have posted almost every single day this week. Gotta get a life man! Tomorrow's Saturday - though I am a 'stay at homer' now, I still look forward to weekends!! Guess I should enjoy this unhurried lifestyle while it lasts!

No comments: