Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Catch Up Time



Having spare time (well, other than my freelanz projects), besides just being about retail therapy, also means I get the catch up with friends. Well not as much as I would like coz I still have to finish my deliverables. One person who is always a pleasure to catch up with is Rashmi. From being a frequent face at her boutique, I graduated to becoming a friend of sorts. It's always great to spend time with such a wonderful person.

Good time for me to answer a question I often get; 'where did you get that shirt from?' LET me reveal the place - mentioned in an earlier blog. Think some of you can recognise the trademark style which covers bulk of my wardrobe yah? These are Rashmi's creations and she was great in letting me copy these images off her website, which can be found at http://www.pureearth.com.sg

In our climate, I've discovered that cotton is most comforting. As I grow older, I realise that I can't quite tolerate synthetic fabrics such as nylons, lycra (which also shows off how fat I am) as well as before. I dare say that the cotton tops from Pure Earth have spoiled my skin. What's great too is the traditional Indian woodblock prints. As they are handmade, sometimes Pure Earth clothes end up being unique; no two pieces are exactly the same and quantities may be limited too. It's preservation of an important heritage and a dying art in India. Thanks to the Bollywood invasion, not just in Singapore but overseas, the traditional Indian apparel and the various components of it stand a chance of surviving on to the next generation. Oh yes, did I mention the gorgeous embroidery on Rashmi's creations? Hehe, the Nonya in me is a big sucker for that.

Enough said - go check out the stores at #03-29 Holland Shopping Centre (where Cold Storage is) or on Level 2 at Tanglin Mall (same floor as Tango Mango bookstore).

I have to go get ready - need to give one of my cousin's kids from Indonesia intensive English tuition. Plus finish up last of my ACM project; had some mishap with laptop last week. Thankfully, determined it may not have been hardware fault but software!!!

PS: My bosom buddies will also tell you that I have had to double up as her 'PLUS SIZE' model on on or two occasions - you may still be able to spot my pic around her Holland V outlet.

1 comment:

pinto said...

You? Plus-size model? Please lah...