Thursday, November 9, 2006

The drugs don't work...

I did absolutely nothing yesterday...way behind on my projects. Had killer crampz so I stayed permanently on my bed and hijacked MY laptop back from dad. I miss MIDOL and PAMPRIN...Panadol Pink just don't cut it. Anyway, had my Indonesian cousins over with yumilicious 'Nasi Dogang', which is our Anambas Island kampung styled Nasi Lemak. Dad polished 6 packets (not in one sitting, don't worry) Actually, took mum's version for granted growing up and never bothered much with it. Now that she's passed on, you do get to missing her fantastic cooking and kinda regret not learning more seriously. Dad seems to miss it heaps. He was a well-fed and well-taken- care- of man when she was alive. Found the recipe on the Dolu-Terempa website, created by Terempa born folks who now live in Jakarta and other parts of Indonesia. Must try it...funky recipe that had our native kampung dialect peppered throughout the recipe.

SO what did I do? I surfed blogs and websites. Must be the last person in Singapore to discover Chubby Hubby (http://www.chubbyhubby.net/), truly a gourmet's delight. Also love Snog Blog(http://www.manic.com.sg/blog/archives/000527.php), and just realised that I'd met its creators while at my previous job and also at MAAD Sunday at the Red Dot. Truly creative people all over Singapore and the world.

The Blogsphere has also helped me link up with people I've lost touch with in the past decade. I know this for a fact when I was at WSU, gezillion of miles away from home, that SINGAPORE is a lil red dot but my uni mates and I had common friends back home. The Net has just reinforced that idea.

Again, D & D asked me who's gonna read my blog. Told them, who cares if no one does. It would be nice if people did and posted comments or if Blogger picked this up as a must read blog, but it won't kill me if no one ever reads it.

Was supposed to check out the Singapore Biennale site at Tanglin yesterday but rain and crampz got the better of me. Will just have to do it today as time is running out. Glad I waited (oh girl, wat a cheapo you are!) as admission is free from 4 Nov to 12 Nov (closing day). Check out http://www.singaporebiennale.org/ for more info. ST Life covered it today and since weather looks fine, chance for me to take our Olys out and take some shots.

Also have a mission - to look for CHOW CHOW doormats for my 'Er Jie', who is moving to a new pad and needs a replacement for the old one. My mission is to scour pet shops on the West and North side. Think she's got her Eastside covered. We both miss 'Raining Cats and Dogs'. Anyone with suggestions on good petshops, do drop me a post. Appreciate it.

Right, I supposed I ought to get my ass off my bed. Hhmmm there's a strong scent of sesame oil wafting through my room. Brekkie time - though I've been up since 0630h. Need to get out of the house, the racket from the renos on the 13th floor has been driving me nutz all week! Not to mention a migraine.

Over and out...

No comments: