Thursday, November 2, 2006

Forgetfulness

I should just jot down my thoughts when I am out on the road whenever an idea for blogging hits me. Darn, now I've gorgotten what I wanted to say. Getting old.

It was nice catching up with my old NIE gang. JYW is lookin great, despite the fact that she just gave birth in July. Her lil baby gal is such a sweet heart! LT is ever the great pal; they've all been great bricks. JYW was just commenting that we've been friends for close to 8 years now. Time flies. She was just sharing with us about life as an expat wife in Italy and how things are awfully inefficient where they're living now. Takes a lot of effort to uproot from home and set off but at least she has her hubby and the new great family to raise. God bless to a real sweetheart of a fren.

Aircon is making weird noises - hope it aint dying on me. Maybe it's just the neighbours upstairs doing reno? I hope it's the latter option. Them kitty kats are running around again - Fat J is looking for grub while the lil Princess is pullin things down, again for the upteenth time today. Almost got busted by Dad this am...Fat J led a recon mission out of my room and Lil Ms Halia decided to follow.

Oh now I remember. Went to the Fair at Hyatt - tai tai life but no tai tai budget, hahaha. Same stuff again and could not find the vendor I missed out on the last Hyatt Fair. However, did get to see Angie, the lady who stocks Nepalese brands like Mitra. Realised that not many local gals like the Indian Gypsy Boho look that I like. Or as my cousin puts it, I am synonymous with. Reasonably priced stuff under $30 and unique pieces. Drop me a comment if you're in Singapore and want to know where to get her.

Had a quick tea break at Delifrance before I got home with the fresh milk dad wanted. They had wifi access but you had to have Singnet access. Sure looking forward to when there's free Wifi around the island. Besides Mac's, only Pacific Coffee Co and O'Briens seems to offer free Wifi. Anyone know where an el-cheapo like me can find other free Wifi sites? Let me know.

Oh now I know what I want to 'biatch' about. I was traipsing around Orchard with the new Lowepro DayCompuPack that D got me yest. Loaded it with the laptop but not the DSLR due to rain. A bit bulky I must say but quite thoughtfully designed. Will road test further. The peeve I have is that I can't seem to find AXS machines around Orchard. Found SAM machines but they are rather limited in functions. Anyone know where to find them around Orchard? Lemme know.

K. Cats are calling for attention. Blogging is addictive but like almost everything I seem to be doing my whole life (with exception of shopping), wonder how long I'll be able to faithfully keep the blogging up.

Have a good evening y'all.

No comments: