Friday, December 8, 2006

Update on Dad

I just got back after a 6 hour wait outside the A&E Dept at NUH. Thanks everyone for all your well-wishes. Feel so bad that I had to disturb your TGIFs with such news.But perhaps it's to prepare everyone in the event that you don't hear or see me for awhile.

Managed to convince my dad to go to A&E FINALLy this pm. His breathing had gotten more laborious since yesterday. Had asked Drakon to come over from work ASAP once dad agreed to go to A&E. By then, he was too tired so I had no choice but call for an ambulance.He told me to go for the non-emergency one but it was a half an hour wait. Glad I didn't listen to him. He could still ask me to pack his toothbrush and his slippers.

It was my first time riding in a SCDF Ambulance. I thought the family member accompanying the patient would be behind but that's so Hollywood. I sat upfront with the driver. Amazing how the ambulance is not well respected on S'pore roads. Think the driver finally decided to put the siren on. Even then, people didnt seem to budge.

It's scary. I am torn between guilt and frustration. I'm also not ready to lose another and my sole surviving parent. I was just beginning to have more time to spend with him. I still need him around to give me advice and a listening ear. Who'll Sonic have to bully now?

My mind is a flurry and as much as I DIDNT WANT to leave the ICU Waiting area, I don't think I could do much if I stayed on. Till tomorrow.

Thanks and big hugz to all my friends and sistas!

No comments: