Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thank You

It's been a tough time. I am sorry I have not been able to blog and it's taking a lot of courage to post an entry today. Yesterday was a week since dad passed away. My cousins left and returned to our hometown,the Anamabas Islands. My cousin Abik, who is also my aunt by marriage, was so worried about me that she decided to brave the journey from the South China Sea to come visit me again in Feb next year.

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all my family and friends who came by the hospital or the wake or funeral. If I didn't get a chance to speak to you, I do apologise. It's hard being the only kid and not be able to split myself between friends, relations and prayer group. Thanks too for the generosity, I did worry a little about expenses but managed to cover that with all your help.I collected Dad's ashes on Mon 18 Dec and we are waiting for the new marble slab to be ready before placing his ashes, alongside mom's at Holy Family Church, Katong. This is what he wanted when mom passed away in Jul 2001.

I can't write now without shedding a tear; I can't bring myself to pack daddy's things so I won't just yet. I'm going to go do some housework now to take my mind of him awhile.

No comments: