Sunday, April 22, 2007

Marble or Not?

Been taking to baking lately and my latest experiment, which I whipped up yesterday evening, was the perennial classic, marble cake. It was also an excuse to get rid of the SCS salted butter which was meant for fruitcake except stuff happened last December.

Only one problem, I couldn't get it swirly like what you see normally. Maybe it's due to the fact that I didn't use a bundt pan? I used mom's trusty old square tins, the ones she used to bake kek lapis with. Haven't been able to get myself to buy the silicon bundt pans from Pantry Magic. Still a lil hesitant to try baking using silicon ware. It was a tri-colored swirl or should I say mine turned out to be patches. I assure you there is no compromise on the taste though! Made it a combo of plain, Valhrona cocoa and lavender colored batter. The small cheapo mixer is serving its purpose; didn't break down though Muffy pulled it down some time back. But I still want a KITCHEN AID! Think that's every cook's dream mixer! Drak says I can get only if baking doesn't prove to be another halfway hobby!

Time to go try the overnight taste test. If the cake is still yummy then I succeeded! Shall try sausage rolls next but I'll cheat and use frozen puff pastry!

No comments: