Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Latest from Adi Sucipto Airport, Yogyakarta

Woke up feeling very bad today so I called in sick. Migraine and gastric been hitting me. Also not in the best of moods lately as some problems have cropped up. When will all these cease?

Since visiting Yogya, I have developed an affinity to the city. Not just to its history (which is natural for someone with a History degree!) but also to the way of life and its people. It was a real shock to see read over Yahoo news that a plane had crashed there.

Yahoo NEWS: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/070307/1/473yl.html

Even weirder as we were there less than a month ago. I shared in an earlier post that the turbulence from Yogyakarta to Jakarta freaked me out.According to The Jakarta Post, there was one casualty.
http://www.thejakartapost.com/latestnews1.asp

BUT from the Channel Newsasia website it says that only 76 out of 133 passengers survived. I guess the news will unfold.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/262476/1/.html

To this, Drakon had to say: I Have inherited my dad's uncanny 'mulut cabul' or as they say in Chinese, 'wu ya jui'. You see, we have had several discussions since the trip about the turbulence, Adi Sucipto airport and the recent air mishaps.The runaway at Adi Sucipto was rather short and I remember telling D as we flew in and out of it that I was way nervous about it. I am not that frequent a flyer but have been flying enough to have experienced a gamut of runways and aircraft. The 737 is NOT one of my favourites. Makes me wonder how I am ever going to visit Yogya again. May try thr Singapore to Solo and then drive 2hrs to Yogya option.And then this happens.Can't help but feel along with the passengers, crew and family members.My prayers go out to all.Of course, the feeling of I WAS THERE also strikes.

Stay tuned to the news for more information.

No comments: