Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Village Update

No pictures...again. Still 'shy' to whip out a camera and snap a pix.Well, I was at Holland V again yesterday; had to mind the shop. Can't wait until I am taken off the schedule so that my weekends can be free again. Did I post that I will be leaving part-time teaching at the end of term 3? 2 weeks to ORD lor! It is becoming very hard to juggle and with events happening at Pure Earth which needs my attention, it was no better time to go. It was a struggle for me as school really wore me down and I was frequently sick. Obviously the upper echelons weren't too happy; I totally know where they are coming from but I was also not a happy camper. Exactly a year to the day I left somewhere and begun flexi-adjunct teaching, I am entering a new phase again. Of unknowns an uncertainty. Anyone employing? Looking for decent, moral and legal employment.

I digress. Just wanted to drop a line to say MARMALADE PANTRY is open! I will miss Cafe Rosso's fabulous creations but now I don't have to travel all the way to snooty Palais or crowded Taka to get my Limonata cupcakes! Still my all time fav cupcake. Remember, they had cupcakes before it became trendy!

Weighed myself yesterday FINALLY. You see, kittens have claimed ownership of my weighing scale. My svelte waist line is gone. No more 50-something kg....gonna hit 70 kg if I don't do something soon! See, I am one gal who isn't shy about my weight or age.Oh well.

I have been hanging out at Bunalun, over at Jalan Merah Saga, Chip Bee, lately. Every other day almost. I nip in for a quite cup of flat white and sit there to think for Pure Earth marketing and promotions. Love the muesli for breakfast and the Asian Blini I had for lunch yesterday was divine. It is known for its organic stuff and though pric es always make Draks baulk and do a double take, I am starting to appreciate the fact that organic does taste better. The tutti frutti jelly beans at $4.50 per 100gm are refreshing and addictive. I am sold on Bunalun - if not anything for the peace and solitude it offers when you just need to think.

Other updates - Paris Silk has a new second outlet, it stands on the unit that was the former 4-D shop that became was Music Junction CD shop. The Bead shop has moved out. Where the chi-chi furniture shop used to be, at the corner near the staircase to Cold Storage, 2AM Dessert Bar looks to be opening. Provence is extremely crowded - I mourn the loss of a relaxed, comfort zone. Ya Kun has a new product - a breadstick with dip option; chocolate or cheese. Yummy. $3.50 per set. Hope they add this to the permanent menu.

HHHMMM...a Sunday where I am not running the shop. Maybe I should hit Dempsey Hill!

No comments: