Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Blog on By

HAPPY 2007, though I am almost 2 weeks late.

I just can't bring myself to blog since my last post. Here are some reasons why.

1) Methinks that perhaps I shouldn't have been so open about the adoption issue. Some folks have commented that it may have been too personal and that it would invite more questions. Especially since the people who have been keeping this from me (ie. the entire maternal side of my 'family') may be reading my blog.

2) My blog doesn't have pictures. I usually work on my laptop (which has been shutting down on me ALOT lately) and photos processed on desktop by Drakon. Till I start transferring photos from desktop, it'll be words mostly.

3) Afraid that my blog may be a sign of narcissism.

4) Been reading articles that blogging is so passe....

At the same time, this blog maybe one of the ways some of my friends and family overseas hear about me (folks overseas: EMAIL me please; I get worried when you guys don't and I don;t want to intrude). So whatever it is, I will try to blog more regularly. Perhaps as therapy to get over December 2006's disasters.

2007 is about decisions...new directions... I have gone back to part-time teaching. I have been given many graduating classes. Nightmares of my last term teaching in 2004 have been popping up. Especially the English file incident. I shudder, I hope the past will not come back to haunt me. Nightmares of the godforsaken place also have flooded back because someone spoke to me about the 'mess' I made. I am a mess but they just don't understand why I WAS.

No comments: