Friday, October 27, 2006

Friends

Did my round of Raya visiting today and caught up with old friends from RSS, who have journeyed with me through the thick and thin. Haven't had a chance to catch up with them, due to all our hectic schedules. With this new 'retirement' I'm in, perhaps I'll get a chance to catch up with them more.

It was nice to be fussed over by my sistas' parents. Each of them had been kept in the loop over my change in career by my gal pals and were very genuine in asking me and encouraging me. Makes up for the fact that my mom ain't with us anymore and also, feels you with a sense of warmth knowing that you belong.

Of course, what is Raya without all the food!!!! Had scrumptious soto and bergedel and home fried shallots garnishing by aurora's mum. Oh and that fabulous dry satay that's not on a stick. Not to mention great cookies, some handmade by my sista! Of course we got to fus over HL's bump, though FHM and I really couldn't distinguish what was what on the 3-D scan of the baby. OOPS!

Festive fare... regardless of the season is always a heart warming time. Thanks friends, you kn ow who you are, for always making my life such a joy!

No comments: